We welcome trained service animals, emotional support animals (ESAN), and psychiatric service animals (PSA) onboard if the following guidelines are met at the time of travel.
Emotional Support Animals and Psychiatric Service Animals
In order to travel with your ESAN or PSA, please download the forms found at the bottom of this page, and submit the completed forms hereto submit a request for an emotional support animal. at least 48 hours before your flight. If these forms are not submitted at least 48 hours prior to your flight, we will do our best to verify and approve them, but we cannot guarantee travel with your animal. Please know:
- These forms will need to be submitted for each reservation you will be traveling on.
- We recommend you carry these forms throughout your travels, in case of irregular flight operations potentially resulting in travel on another airline.
- Our agents at the airport cannot approve your forms, as they must be submitted electronically and approved by our dedicated team of Disability Coordinators.
- Mental Health Professional Form – subject to verification
- Veterinary Health Form – subject to verification
- Passenger Acknowledgement Form
What type of service/ESAN/PSA animals do you NOT allow on-board?
- While we welcome many animals on-board, there are certain animals we are not required to and will not accept, such as:
- Other reptiles
- Rodents such as hamsters, mice, rats, squirrels, etc.
- Sugar gliders